Here are a few diet essentials, that if you follow them, will yield the weight loss results that you desire, without ever having to officially follow a diet:
- Never eat until you are too full at each meal. Only eat until you are satisfied. In other words, you should be able to get up and walk away from the dinner table without feeling hungry. You should still remain be too hungry nor should you be too full.
- Always space out your meals by at least 3 hours in between each meal.
- Drink plenty of water every day.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each and every day.
- Get adequate sleep every night.
- Do not eat inside the last 3 hours before you go to bed at night.
- Stay active. Even if you do not play sports or go to the gym, make an effort to keep moving through the day. Even walking for 30 minutes a day can make all the difference in the world.
If you follow these 7 tips, you can eat anything you want and you will lose weight, stay fit, and be healthy. Some may argue that there is no mention of eating low-fat, low-calorie, low-sugar, or low-carbohydrate foods in the list above. While it is true that choosing these options are better for you, the point really is to stop overestating. Even if you eat pizza, potato chips, and ice cream every day, you can still lose weight as long as you adhere to the guidelines above.
Overeating is a major epidemic. People eat more than they need to. We oftentimes eat out of greed, not out of necessity. If you just pay attention to your stomach during your meal, you may realize that you are really done eating, but are needlessly eating more, simply because the food is available or because your tummy does not feel full yet – you have " more room "in your tummy, and therefore you can eat more. This is the wrong approach to eating. You should stop eating when you realize that you are no longer hungry anymore but you are not too full.
Spacing out your meals helps to ensure that you do not eat too much food too fast. Give your body a chance to digest the food you have already consumed before you eat again. Doing so can help your body digest its food more efficiently rather than having to work overtime to process more food, which in turn, the excess of which, would be stored as fat.
Eating 5 servings of fruits and vegetables takes up room in your stomach, reduces your hunger by filling you up temporarily, and is a low-calorie alternative to most snacks. Eat your 5 servings of fruits and vegetables, and it just might thwart your efforts at eating the wrong foods. Beside, you may come to enjoy the sweet taste of fruits as an alternative to the artificially flavored junk sweets out on the market today.
Getting adequate sleep every night basically allows your body to go a little bit longer without food in your system, so allowing your body to burn more calories. Also, if you stop eating at least 3 hours before you go to bed at night, you will ensure that your body does not have to needlessly digest food in your sleep, which since you are active at night when you sleep, will end up being stored as fat anyway.
Drinking plenty of water helps to offset the hunger pangs, plus it helps to cleanse your digestive system.
Staying actively obviously helps to burn calories and increase your body's metabolism.
Following these 7 simple diet essentials is a guaranteed way to lose weight without having to follow a diet.