We all have bad habits. It is pretty much impossible to avoid them but becoming more aware of them and then doing all you can to stop them is a must if you are to go on and see results with your workout and nutrition program.
Many people are not aware of the bad habits they have until it is too late. Let us look at three poor practices sabotaging your results and how you can overcome them…
1. Mindless Eating. The first bad habit to avoid is mindless eating. How often during the day are you eating while doing something else? Whether this is looking at your phone, watching TV, talking to friends, or otherwise?
Many people say they are never entirely focused on the food they are eating. Not targeting your food choices is problematic because before you know it, you have finished eating your meal or snack and do not have a clue what you have eaten. Then you are left feeling psychologically unsatisfied, and you end up eating more than you otherwise would.
When it is time to eat, sit down, eat, and focus on your food: then you will likely find you eat much less.
2. Going Through The Motions. Another problem is just going through the motions at the gym. If you are putting your workouts on autopilot, chances are you will not see good results anytime soon. You need to be fully present in every set you perform. Focus on the mind-muscle contraction and giving 110% concentration to each rep you complete. Then you will yield the best performance plus optimal weight loss results.
If you feel distracted while in the gym, it might be time to deal with those distractions…
- be it writing down whatever is distracting you so you can release it from your mind, or
- by giving a friend a call to help you deal with the distraction, and then
get back to your workout.
3. Failing To Set Short-Term Goals. Finally, the last habit to avoid is failing to set short-term goals. Long-term goals are essential, but they do not keep you consistent on a day-to-day basis. Short-term goals – goals you can accomplish in a week or two, are going to make sure you do not skip your gym workout or eat the piece of cake you should avoid.
They are the goals you can see happening soon and when you reach them, give you a feeling of accomplishment. You do not want to miss out on that feeling. Make an effort to set a few short-term goals every few weeks. It is the best way to keep yourself focused on the end prize.
There you have the habits you need to break if you hope to go on and see maximum success on your weight loss program. How many of these are you guilty of?