Weight Loss by burning fats is important to keep you healthy and looking good. If you are working in an office and do not have much time to exercise, you are likely to have excess fats. You need to burn the excess fats effectively and safely.
Two out of three of America’s adults–130 million people–are either overweight or obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The nation spends upward of $100 billion annually on medical expenses related to obesity, poor nutrition and physical inactivity, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. If you are overweight or obese, carrying this extra weight puts you at risk for developing many diseases, especially heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer. Losing this weight helps to prevent and control these diseases.
How Do You Know If You Are Overweight (or Underweight)?
* Use the BMI to assess overweight and obesity. Body weight alone can be used to follow weight loss, and to determine the effectiveness of therapy.
* The BMI to classify overweight and obesity and to estimate relative risk of disease compared to normal weight.
* The waist circumference should be used to assess abdominal fat content.
* “Overweight” is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of between 25 and 29.9, and “obese” as having a BMI of 30 or higher.
If you are over weight, what can weight loss do for you?
Here are some of the advantages of weight loss if you are over weight.
* Weight loss to lower elevated blood pressure in overweight and obese persons with high blood pressure.
* Weight loss to lower elevated levels of total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, and triglycerides, and to raise low levels of HDL-cholesterol in overweight and obese persons with dyslipidemia.
* Weight loss to lower elevated blood glucose levels in overweight and obese persons with type 2 diabetes.
That being said, should you take drugs or supplements so that you can burn away your fats without much effort? My answer is NO. Unless proven that you are not able to burn away your fats through the natural way, you must not resort to taking drugs. Disregard what the manufacturers had claimed, the real side effects of these products are seldom known immediately. Often, it will be too late when it is known to you.
The fact is that there are natural and effective ways to burn fats. You can achieve that if you have selected carefully a good program to follow.